14th February 2018
Role Available with Special Olympics GB Head Office
Special Olympics Great Britain use sport to empower people with intellectual disability to enhance their health and wellbeing, develop as individuals and feel equal and valued.
Special Olympics Great Britain is committed to increasing the availability of our programmes and competitions over the next 5 years, with the ultimate aim of ensuring anyone in Great Britain with an Intellectual Disability has the opportunity to take part in sport and all the benefits this brings.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the small team leading this development. The post holder will be responsible for
- Establishing new programmes in targeted areas of England
- Overseeing the development of programmes set up through the National Growth Project to transition into the organisation’s core offer in line with the wider strategic goals
- Support on the delivery of a number of the organisation’s Special Programmes.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a related field that includes either sports development, disability sector or the charity sector
- Experience of leading and delivering on multiple projects Negotiation and influencing skills to gain support and align current projects to partner’s strategies and objectives
- Partnerships and relationship management, building new partnerships across the disability and sport sectors to maximise opportunities
- A track record of managing and working with groups of volunteers
Salary: £27,500 (plus employer’s pension contribution)
Post type: Full time (35 hours per week)
Term: Fixed term contract to 31st October 2020
Location: Special Olympics GB National Office, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3NT
For a job description and application form, please email: Jessica.email@example.com
The closing date for applications is: 5pm Wednesday 14th March 2018
Interviews will be held the week beginning 26th March at the Special Olympics GB National Office.