Our clubs are fun, friendly, safe and supportive places for all our athletes to keep fit and enjoy the many benefits that taking part in sport can bring.
Not only do our clubs offer a wide range of winter and summer sports across Scotland, England, and Wales – they offer so much more too. They are places of joy, inspiration and support that have been changing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities for more than 40 years.
Our clubs come in all shapes and sizes and to witness our Special Olympics GB accredited programmes in action is a very special thing. Among world medals, you find lifelong friendships. Among top industry coaching, you find laughter and kindness. From weekly sessions and get-togethers to international stages, you find progression, tenacity and barrier-breaking grit.
And so much more!
Special Olympics GB has ambitious plans to grow our organisation so we can reach more of the 1.5 million people who live with intellectual disabilities across Scotland, England and Wales today.
No matter where you are or what level of experience you have, we want to welcome you to Special Olympics GB.
To be part of Special Olympics GB, all our clubs go through an annual accreditation process.
There are many benefits to becoming an accredited programme with Special Olympics GB, they include:
• Access to the Special Olympics name/brand and all activities
• The ability to participate in any Special Olympics GB competition and events – both at home and abroad
• Joining a network of incredible programmes delivering inclusive activity across Great Britain
• Ongoing access to any Special Olympics GB Learning & Development Opportunities and Support, such as training and online learning events
• Access to coverage from Special Olympics GB third party liability insurance
• The potential to become a key voice in the new development plans and projects aligned to the 2021-2024 Strategic Plan – Inclusion in Action;
• Access to Safeguarding and Welfare support accompanied by new training and resources
So, what are you waiting for?
It’s simpler than ever to join the Special Olympics GB family and can be done totally online!
So, if you are looking to offer sporting opportunities in your local area for people with intellectual disabilities, we are here to help.
Fill out our contact form to highlight your interest in joining and we will get in touch directly to discuss next steps.
Our door is always open!