How to report a concern
It is important that everyone at Special Olympics GB knows how to raise a concern.
Reporting a safeguarding concern must be done quickly, accurately and to the right person.
Below is a step-by-step guide on reporting a safeguarding concern at Special Olympics GB:
- Contact your Club/Region Safeguarding and Welfare Officer (SWO) to inform them of the concern. You can find out who your Club/Region SWO is by checking your Club/Region Safeguarding
- Contact Form or contacting your Club/Region Main Contact.
- Accurately record all details of the concern/disclosure on the Special Olympics GB Safeguarding and Welfare Concern Report form found HERE. This includes times, locations, names etc.
- Give/send the form to your Club/Region Safeguarding and Welfare Officer (SWO) (ensure confirmation of receipt of the form).
- The SWO will assess the form and decide on next steps
If your Club/Region Safeguarding and Welfare Officer is unavailable contact the Special Olympics GB Safeguarding Hotline on 07859 770553. Please note, this number is monitored from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 12 noon to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Alternatively you can email email@example.com
If an athlete is in immediate danger contact emergency services by calling 999.
You can also contact your Local Authority Safeguarding Services which can be found using the below links: